Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Big Mac Nation

Yo, America! Do you want this dusty old curmudgeon to be the Republican nominee for President?

McCain's flaws and nuances have already been widely documented. Like most "base conservatives," I disdain the man's legislative record while reverencing his military service. For me, John McCain is like your elementary school friend who broke your toys and talked behind your back and then got mad when you didn't want to play with him.

Sorry, Johnny. I just can't vote for you. So don't even bother calling to see if you can come over to play.

8 comments:

Megkran said...

That picture is my favorite. I agree, no likey John McCain.

Unknown said...

Did you know the definition for curmudgeon before you looked it up for the link? Its sort of looking like McCain is going to be the Republican candidate against Hillary. I might move, to Canada.

LJ said...

I love that you used "curmudgeon" correctly in a sentence. That is just a thing of beauty.

Megan said...

Argh! What to do now? I think we might have to have a play date with McCain. Ron Paul? Obama? Man, I need to research these candidates big time.

Bukran said...

Being a connoisseur of vocabulary, I did know the definition of curmudgeon before this post. I linked to its definition because I wanted all to know of its linguistic wealth and glory.

What a great word. Too bad its specificity prevents us from using it more...

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for ralph Nader or the man from or mancha.

Anonymous said...

I mean "la mancha" not or mancha. Darn I phone. - dave ryerse

Bukran said...

Not me. I'm definitely voting simply for Mancha--no matter his political stripe.