Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Ode To W-Hall

It's the end of an era.

The physical home of almost every single one of my greatest freshman year memories is being razed! As I stood and gazed at this dilapidated dorm be torn down, I mused on its importance in my life:

-I kissed a girl for the first time (no blindsides) in the lobby here!

-I opened up my mission call to the Ecuador Guayaquil North mission with my whole family watching in the lobby as well.

-I played Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for many an hour in the commons room on the fourth floor.

-I lived in rooms 408 and 410 the fall and winter semesters of my freshman year, respectively.

-I made some great friends here that I still associate with--Josh Campos and Sterling Haring.

-I ate ridiculous amounts of junk food that DiningPlus provided me within the cinder block walls here... A hazy sugar-induced image of a mini fridge packed with Martinelli's and root beer comes to mind.

-Every now and then, I also did a little studying here.

What can I say? My experience at BYU in this "tower" was nothing short of the most holistic dormitory living one could ever expect at a university! For that, I thank you W-Hall. You're little more than a pile of rubble now, but the memories you gave me will always be in my heart...and cerebral cortex.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, so many freshman years passing in and out of those walls. I can smell that DT fragrance now... what can ever replace the experience of living in the Towers?

Bukran said...

Nothing can replace the experience...but the smell is something I won't miss. Especially the odor that came from the north end of the Morris Center...yack.

Anonymous said...

AH...The memories! I was crushed as I watched them tear out the wall of my room. Good times...good times! "The Hole", "Man-whore", and "Women are the Devil"--may these memories never fade.

Unknown said...

So where is that Michigan update? I've updated my blog like no other, so stop slacking!