Friday, August 01, 2008

Romney Bides His Time

I don't think Mitt Romney will be John McCain's running mate.

It's difficult for me to articulate why, as this is a feeling my political sixth sense has given me.

Although Romney is campaigning vigorously for his fellow Republican, he's not ridiculously pandering for the #2 slot.

I get the feeling he's playing it cool.

I think he knows that if he plays his hand well and waits one or two more election cycles his time will come for a serious shot at the Presidency as the Republican nominee.

I think the country will be ready then too.

2 comments:

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

America just isn't ready for a squeaky-clean, economically-minded, family-oriented, proven, vibrant, and drop-dead gorgeous President.

I'm thinking after we have a Jimmy Carter repeat this go around, Mitt will be looking really good in 2012

Bukran said...

2012 or 2016--one of the two.