Sunday, August 01, 2010

The Funniest Thing I Ever Saw

In the 5th grade, every child is mandated to do a report on one of our fifty fabulous states.

Many students brought treats associated with that state (I brought oranges because I showcased the great State of Florida).

Several students also brought relatives to watch the oral portion of the report, as it was the largest project we'd completed so far in our elementary education.

The girl who exhibited Washington state brought green Granny Smith apples to share with everyone once she had finished extolling the virtues of the Pacific Northwest. Her grandmother and mother had come to support her.

Whoever had sliced the apples had forgotten to remove their trademark white stickers. In the corner of my eye, what did I witness...but GRANDMA eating an entire STICKER on a fresh slice of fruit!

I fell out of my chair in hysterics and almost got kicked out of class. I struggled to suppress my laughter.

To this day, I copiously inspect every apple I eat for proper prior sticker removal protocol.

So I don't end up like that granny eating a Granny in Mrs. Winter's class.

No comments: