Friday, August 18, 2006

The Albuquerquarium

Yesterday we hit up the painfully inland Albuquerque Aquarium and Botanic Gardens. Although the actual aquarium was a little small, the next nearest place one can see a working shrimp boat or live school of manta rays is Corpus Christi, Texas--so it's pretty neat. Enjoy my photojournalistic efforts of our li'l buddies under the briney deep.

What's an aquarium without a shark?

This delightful little fella is a sea turtle--a real crowd pleaser!

This psychedelic jellyfish pulsated rainbow colors. I gots to get me a few of these for the rave scene...

The manta rays were probably my favorite. Friendly folks, them rays. Always waving hello but keeping their poisonous stingers on the ready...

Corn Derek The Tahitian Warrior in his natural habitat and me.

This pufferfish was the largest I'd ever seen. Corn Derek wanted to eat it.

Me being attacked by a moray eel in the gift shop. These predators use their plush and cuddly facade to draw unsuspecting prey to them, mostly small children.

This is a vineyard in the botanic gardens. We took a horse-drawn wagon ride near here. The horses' names were Dan and Dick.


No comments: