Friday, September 01, 2006

Mi Patria

Hearing about Mim's mission call made me pine for Ecuador. It also made me realize that I have nothing about Ecuador on my blog at all. I'll get around to a major mission photo compilation one of these days, but for now I leave you with one of my favorite mission images/moments. The baptism of the Familia Espinoza-Giler on Dec. 26, 2002 in the ocean near Bahia de Caraquez Ecuador. The branch met in a local rented building and had no font and thus was one of two branches where it was legal to baptize in the sea. One of the most amazing experiences of my life--only to be exceeded by the sealing of this family in the Guayaquil temple 15 months later.

L-R: Elders Stoddard and Martinez, Blanca, Fredi, Yuri, Fredi Jr., Tatiana, and Presidente Calderon.

No comments: