Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Story of Nothing

Barack Obama became the junior senator from Illinois...for doing...nothing (except having extraordinary ties in the corrupt Chicago political machine).

Barack Obama won the presidency of the United States...for doing...nothing (except not being Bush).

Barack Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize...for doing...nothing (except not being Bush).

I initially laughed, and then I cringed.

First Arafat, then Gore, now Obama?

Let's face it: these days, the award means nothing.

...so in that sense I guess he did earn it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I seriously wanted to punch Barack Obama in the face when I first heard about this.
I still want to.

Steve said...

Buck Daddy- I have been a terrible friend. I have tried calling you several times, but I do not have your correct number (me thinks). Please call me sometime or give me your phone number and I'll call you. My number is (801) 936-5817. I feel terrible that we haven't talked in so long. Please Buck... call me.

And stop being so hard on Barak... he has worked endlessly to save me from myself. He knows that I need a baby sitter. I'm glad someone has finally taken on the duty.

Bukran said...

Wow...violent Renny.

Unknown said...

Well, doesn't that prove he doesn't deserve the PEACE prize, because he makes me want to be violent?